Who knew that a one-year and two week old Little Miss could throw a temper tantrum? Where did my placid, cheerful, mostly agreeable daughter go? The explosion can be triggered by many different things and depending on the severity of the situation, the result can be any and all of the following:
- Sitting down forcefully on bum and crossing arms over chest
- Fully pursed lips and a rather angry glare
- Fully pursed lips, a lift of the chin & forceful shake of the head
- Protest slump- when you manage to pick her up, she goes slack and limp which makes carrying her nearly impossible.
- Swiping of formerly crossed arms to push you away
- "No, No, No!"
- Throwing back of the head & fiercely arching her back- when done while being carried, it's very difficult to stop her from hurling herself from your grasp
- The "SHE'S ABUSING ME!" cry
Triggers can include, but are not limited to:
- not reading a book for the seventh time in a row
- attempting to remove Sippy Cup/Dog's toy/Ball/Alfie (V-Tech bear) from tiny grasp
- peeling her off Daddy when he leaves for work
- re-installing her in her pushchair/highchair/Smart Trike after having a taste of freedom
As challenging and frustrating as this is, I love that my daughter is so clever and independent at such a young age. Because I have been her constant care-giver from day one and have hardly spent more than two hours away from her at a time, I worried that she would be too much of a Mummy's girl. I needn't have worried! This is one head-strong Little Miss that we have and I'm proud of her every day. I do worry a bit for what's to come but I can't wait to see what our not-so-Little Miss has in store for us!