Wednesday, 24 June 2009
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Who knew that a one-year and two week old Little Miss could throw a temper tantrum? Where did my placid, cheerful, mostly agreeable daughter go? The explosion can be triggered by many different things and depending on the severity of the situation, the result can be any and all of the following:
- Sitting down forcefully on bum and crossing arms over chest
- Fully pursed lips and a rather angry glare
- Fully pursed lips, a lift of the chin & forceful shake of the head
- Protest slump- when you manage to pick her up, she goes slack and limp which makes carrying her nearly impossible.
- Swiping of formerly crossed arms to push you away
- "No, No, No!"
- Throwing back of the head & fiercely arching her back- when done while being carried, it's very difficult to stop her from hurling herself from your grasp
- The "SHE'S ABUSING ME!" cry
Triggers can include, but are not limited to:
- not reading a book for the seventh time in a row
- attempting to remove Sippy Cup/Dog's toy/Ball/Alfie (V-Tech bear) from tiny grasp
- peeling her off Daddy when he leaves for work
- re-installing her in her pushchair/highchair/Smart Trike after having a taste of freedom
As challenging and frustrating as this is, I love that my daughter is so clever and independent at such a young age. Because I have been her constant care-giver from day one and have hardly spent more than two hours away from her at a time, I worried that she would be too much of a Mummy's girl. I needn't have worried! This is one head-strong Little Miss that we have and I'm proud of her every day. I do worry a bit for what's to come but I can't wait to see what our not-so-Little Miss has in store for us!
Tuesday, 16 June 2009
Monday, 15 June 2009
It seems that I am making some impact in the blogging world...I'm on someone's list to TAG! Ooh...I feel just like I'm back in school and I've been picked by the Cool Team! Laura at Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy has tagged me so I'm doing as I'm told...I am a good girl after all. I'll add my 8 bloggers to tag at the end!
THE RULES ARE:
1) Mention the person who tagged you (done)
2) Complete the list of 8’s
3) Tag 8 others and let them know (I'm going to break the rules here)
So here goes…..
8 Things I’m looking forward to
1. Father's Day...hoping my pressie from Little Miss to Daddy turns out right
2. A trip back to the US in October for my brother's wedding
3. Trialing Tumble Tots with my Little Miss
4. More sunshine
5. Getting more time to expand the blog
6. My family coming to England for Christmas
7. Talking to my sister-in-law when they get settled in Australia
8. Getting some money from Child Tax Credit!
8 Things I did yesterday.
1. Attended another 1st Birthday Party
2. Took pictures of my Little Miss swimming for the 1st time in in-laws pool
3. Cried because I couldn't fit into the swimsuit I thought I would fit into
4. Had a day-long headache
5. Posted a blog entry
6. Wished I could have been at the BMB meetup
7. Kissed my husband
8. Laughed with my daughter
8 Things I wish I could do
1. Afford to get my Little Miss some great outdoor toys
2. Bake and ice a Victoria Sponge cake
3. Cook Chinese!
4. Enjoy exercising
5. Get a new computer...all this blogging and a rubbish laptop to do it on
6. See my family in the US more often
7. Speak French fluently- I can get by pretty well but have an in-depth conversation? Non!
8. Take one of my BRILLIANT IDEAS and make it happen
8 favourite fruits
8 Places I’d like to travel
1. South of France
3. New Zealand
8 Places I’ve lived
1. Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
2. Decatur, Illinois, USA
3. Lancaster, California, USA
4. Peoria, Illinois, USA
5. Hopkins, Minnesota, USA
6. Chicago, Illinois, USA
7. Caen, France
8. Northborough, England
And here are the 4 Blogs I'm tagging to carry on the trend (you're supposed to tag 8 but I don't want to burden too many people!). Sorry...and good luck!
Wife of Bold
A Modern Mother
Perfectly Happy Mum